I keep myself sharp by trying to teach myself new things. It keeps me occupied, and best of all, it keeps me employable!
I have my moments when I don’t like the thought of interrupting what I’m working on if I can help it. But come lunchtime, my stomach starts to rumble, and I need food. Thankfully, I’m at home, and even better, I’ve got ingredients on hand for a lunch that is so simple, I can throw it all together in the span of about 5 minutes.
The other day, I posted a recipe for a hummus and cucumber sandwich, and I hinted that I’d paired it with a smoothie. This is that smoothie. I liked that meal so much, I had it twice this week! And with the spicy chipotle hummus that I use in the sandwich, this smoothie is the perfect thing to cool down my mouth.
When I calculated the macros for this recipe, I factored in flax milk and a soy-based chocolate meal replacement powder. Anything you alter in this recipe will return different results.
Perfect indulgent smoothie, great for replenishing some much-needed carbs after a long workout
- 1 medium banana (frozen and in pieces preferred!)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use flax milk)
- 2 scoops chocolate-flavored meal replacement powder
- 1 tablespoon PB2 (feel free to substitute your favorite nut or seed butter)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- Add all items to a blender (full-size or personal -- I use a Ninja Blender). Blend until smooth. Enjoy!